Membres

samedi 24 avril 2010

Tombows used and... sewing machine wanted!!!

Hello everyone! If there was a special award for the time spent making a card, I could be the winner today... I wanted to make a card with stitching (hand stitched) and while stitching (I refused to count the HOURS it took me...) I realised I REALLY needed a sewing machine! At least, I have one good idea for next Christmas, not for trousers... but for cards only (I know it sounds crazy...)! If you know the perfect machine for that, do not hesitate, give me some advice!
Also, it has been a long time since I last used my Tombows, which I like so much, and thought I would use them instead of Copics for a change :-)!
Anyway, my card is for the following challenges:
Anyone for Anya - Sweet as Sugar
All That Scraps - Sewing
Simon Says Stamp - Things with wings
Friday Sketchers - Sketch 99 (I moved the sentiment because I felt the lower part of my card was too empty because of the image I used, I hope it is OK - if not, ignore my entry :-))
Crafty Catz - Stitching
The Crafty Pad - Challenge 67 - Stitching
Penny's Challenges - Anything Goes


And a close up

Stamp: CC Designs - Heidi among Flowers
Colouring: Tombows (055, 090, 098, 158, 195, 451, 703, 725, 761, 800, 947, 977) and distress inks (Tattered Rose and Faded Jeans for the skin, boots, sleeve)
Papers: BoBunny (Alissa love you) and BasicGrey (sultry/fandango) for the background paper
Tools and other: Piercing tool, needle, DMC pearlescent effects (E747), Shapeabilities (Flourish Accent), Star Dust Stickles and gems

That's all for now! Have a nice weekend, and don't forget, if you have any ideas for the sewing machines, please tell me :-)!

Hugs,
Delphine xx

12 commentaires:

  1. Oohh this is gorgeous Delphine, bet ya little fingers are killing you with all that stitching,lol luv the CC image ... she's soooo cute & luv the pretty colour combo ~ Good luck in the challenges hun ... have a fab weekend xx Lizzy xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. What a gorgeous card - and all that stitching done by hand - wow. Just get any sewing machine, one that does various styles would be good. :)

    Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad. :)

    xxDebbiexx

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Oh Delphine this is so beautiful. What amazing stitching, and all done by hand too!! Lovely colour scheme and colouring. It is nice to go back to some old favourtes.
    Thanks for all the lovely comments you leave on my blog, they are so appreciated.
    Hugs. Rosie x

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Hi Delphine
    A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Fabulous card Delphine :-) I love this image and the papers and layout are fab :-) your sewing is just FANTASTIC !! I imagine you spent hours doing that !! perfect !! :-)

    sorry I can't give good advice on a sewing machine tho ,,, I do have one and generally 'faux' sew my cards :-)

    thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. wow, fantastic card delphine.the hand stitching is just wonderful and i love this super cute image.love your layout and colours too.good luck in all the challenges.luv coops.xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. This is gorgeous Delphine. Love the colours and that great hand stitching. I have a mini sewing machine but sometimes I get lazy and do faux stitching.

    Kat xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Your Swiss Pixie card is delightful! The Stitching is amazing! Thanks for playing along with us in the Challenge this week at All That Scraps Weekly Wednesday. Your card is awesome!
    Pam Going Postal

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. But the result is awesome!! I lovelovelove stitching and I know what you mean because I handstich all my cards!! I always say I'm a slow cardmaker, it take me one or even two days to make a card but that's only because of the stitching! :)) I prepar my cards and than stitch in front of the tv in the evening or in the sun, outside ... works perfect for me, I find it very relaxing ;)

    Enfin, lovely card, sweet she is! Pretty colours and a great layout!

    Love from AFA?!

    Renata

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. hi..oh fantastic card, love the image, i was wondering if one of those small sewing machines would be a good idea for us cardmakers....!!thanks for joining in with Craftycatz, x carol

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Lovely coloring on Heidi! I like the punch you used, too!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. Wonderful card! Love the colours and the cute image!

    Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers!

    Hugs Tanja

    RépondreSupprimer