Membres

vendredi 21 juillet 2017

No line Copic scene with Tiddly Inks and MiC!


Hello everyone! Today I'm sharing a no line Copic scene. I really like the look of no line colouring, it takes more time to colour for me, but I think you can get very nice results. 

For my scene, I used a super cute fairy by Tiddly Inks called Flower Fairy For You and I combined it to two Make it Crafty backgrounds - Tulip Garden and the Shrubs Background

To get the no line "look" with a digi, I recolour the image in Microsoft Word - the idea is to play with light and contrast and change them until you get the look you want, but you can also use one of the preset recolour options so that one click on the chosen option will recolour your image immediately.


I coloured the sky first with my BG000 marker and created a cloud with BV20, C0 and C1. I then coloured the skin of my fairy using E000, 00, 04, 11 and R20 for the mouth. You can't see the eyes very well at this point, but we will use a pencil at the end to make them more visible. 


I then coloured the rest of the skin and started doing the wings to help define where my background would stop. The wings are BG000, V000 and Y000.


The difficulty with no line colouring is that you need a very good eyesight when it comes to details ;)! BUT the nice thing you can do is cover some of the details of your image because it won't show and no one will know :) So as you can see, I kept the flowers and a few leaves, but completely covered the stems (I'll add some later). I used YG01, 03, 17, 67 for the grass.


Next I focussed on the trees in the distance which I coloured in the same colours as my grass, only adding G28 for a bit of depth. The trunks are E34, 39, 59 - and I added a shadow under the trees with YG17.
For the foreground, I picked E40, 41, 42, 43 - and you can see some blanks on the sides, that's because I'm colouring on a big piece of paper and I have not die cut my image yet.


Next I coloured the last details of the background: the flowers in R35, 37, 39, T5, the leaves in G28 and YG03, the hoops in Y11 and Y26 and a few rocks in C3, 5, 7. I also added the stems using G28 plus a few blades of grass in the hoops. The background being done, I focussed on the outfit. The pinks I used are RV17, 19, 55 and 63 - a combination I learnt from Make it Crafty Zoe. 


For the flowers in the fairy's hands, I chose the same colours as for the background flowers - T5, R35, 37, 39 - and used G28 and YG17 for the stems and leaves. To the dog next, with C0, 1, 3, 5.


And hair for the end! The markers I used are E25, 30, 34, 59. As a finishing touch, I went back over my fairy's eyes and both characters' antennas with a black and a brown Polychromos, added just a line of shadow under the hair with my Nougat Polychromo and a bit of pink to the cheeks.

Recap of all the markers used:
Sky: BG000, BV20, C0, 1
Green: YG01, 03, 17, 67 + G28
Tree trunks: E34, 39, 59
Flowers: T5, R35, 37, 39
Ground: E40, 41, 42, 43
Rocks: C3, 5, 7
Hoops: Y11, 26
Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, R20
Hair: E25, 30, 34, 59
Outfit: RV17, 19, 55, 63
Wings: BG000, V000, Y000
Dog: C0, 1, 3, 5

Images: Tiddly Inks Flower Fairy For You and Make it Crafty Tulip Garden and Shrubs Background
Colouring: Copics on Make it Colour Blending Card
Dies: Lawn Fawn

I die cut my image with a Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle and added a sentiment from one of my Tiddly Inks clear stamps sets... and voilà! 

Thank you very much for your visit, have a great day! Hugs,
Delphine xx

1 commentaire: