Membres

lundi 8 décembre 2014

Tutorial for Copic Marker Europe


Hello everyone! I'm back today to share a tutorial on a 100% Copic card with a simple airbrushed background that I made for Copic Marker Europe - I absolutely love the look of airbrushed backgrounds! 

For today's example, I chose to do a simple winter scene with a character and just a couple of trees. Please note, I did not stamp and mask the character on my scene because I knew I wanted to add it at the end on 3D foam squares, but it is of course possible to stamp it at the beginning.

Material used for my card:
Make It Colour Blending Card
Airbrush and Copics
Masking Film or Post It notes



Step 1


Stamp the elements you need on your scene, starting with what you want to be in the foreground first. To mask, I used Post It Label Pads which have 100% adhesive backs, and picked different colours to show you clearly the different parts of the scene.
 Here, I stamped the little pine tree first where I wanted it, masked it (yellow), then I added orange strips around my "scene" to have an uncoloured frame at the end. I then stamped the tree on the left and masked it (pink). I thought I would have a little snow slope, so I just cut and put pieces of blue Post It Notes to create the slope and protect it from the airbrushing.

Step 2


Airbrush your lightest colour B00 going from left to right and right to left from the bottom of the image and stop midway of your sky. I like using 2 different shades for airbrushed skies (here Bs and BVs) and I always start with my lightest colour, so I can darken the colour afterwards if necessary. 

Step 3


Now start at the top of your image with your second shade - BV02 here - and go down little by little towards the blue area. Airbrush over the beginning of the blue part so that your colours look blended.

Step 4


Darken the sky at the top, using BV04 and stop in the BV02 area. The transition between the 2 BV areas is a bit too visible, but we will work on it in the next step:)

Step 5


Take your BV02 again and go over all the BV04 and BV02 areas starting from the top and being careful to add enough BV02 on the transition to blend it a little and airbrush on the upper part of the blue area too.

Step 6


Now remove your masks and check the result of your airbrushing. And now all you have to do is use your Copics to colour your scene.

Here is my finished card...


Skin: E000, 00, 11
Hair: B41, C5, 7, 100
Purples: V09, 12, 15, 17
Blues: B34, 37, 39
Hearts: R37
Background: B00, BV02, 04
Trees: BG000, C0, 1, 3, E31, 35, 59, G28, YG03, 17, 67
Snow: BG000, C0, 1, 3


Challenges I am entering:
Di's Digi Designs - Christmas
Simon Says Stamp - Christmas Holidays 
Paradise Of Stamps - Christmas

Thank you very much for your visit, enjoy the rest of your day! 
Hugs,
Delphine xx

9 commentaires:

  1. Oh my word, so totally gorgeous hunny! Thank you for sharing your masking technique (aren't those sticky notes awesome for this) - and your artwork, as always, takes my breath away. LOVE this. Hugs xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Awesome! Thanks for the Great Tutorial. Love your Card!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. superbe j'adore les couleurs
    bises
    céline

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Beautiful card!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Paradise of Stamps

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. it's marvellous, i love your card and your colorisation. Gorjuss is very nice.
    Don't forgot to add our badge Paradise of stamp on your blog to valide your participation.
    Thanks to joining us at Paradise of Stamps.
    Hugs. DT Val

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. A beautiful CAS card Delphine, an adorable Gorjuss Girl image and background - fantastic colouring - as usual!!!

    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Amazing... This is just the prettiest thing! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. This is a fabulous Christmas card, such a beautifully coloured scene.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Di's Digi Designs.
    Pauline
    x

    RépondreSupprimer