Membres

mercredi 31 juillet 2019

Oh, zeroes!!


Hello everyone! I'm back to share my make for the Copic Marker Europe blog. We all love Copics for their unique, gorgeous, vivid colours but there are also some amazing light, pastel colours among the 358 colours. With that in mind, I decided to use only "zero" colours for my post - 00, 000 and 0000. 

I made a bookmark and used Paperbabe Stamps templates and stamps on it. I stamped a face and shoulder from the Profile Face Left Dinky Stamp set and drew around a hair template with a black Copic multiliner to create my image. 


For once, I did not do the background first as I usually do, but for good reasons: I knew the colours would be very light, so no risk of dragging colour into my character; I wanted a very simple smooth background (when it is a full, complicated background, it can be tricky to colour and I may miss and need to start again); and also I wanted to use the same colours as for my hair and really needed to SEE my character coloured to adjust my background.

So, I coloured the skin first, in E000 and E0000. As you can see, I left some parts uncoloured to have a few highlights and still create some depth despite the use of 2 light-coloured markers.


I then coloured the hair in Bs and RVs. I used B00, 000, 0000 from the roots and RV00, 000 for the tips. I also added a touch of C0. After the hair, I finished colouring the skin of the shoulder and coloured the lips and eyelid in RV00.


For the background, I used the same idea as for my hair, with the same 2 colours to have a nice harmony. I started at the top with RV00, then RV000, 0000. Then I started from the bottom of my bookmark going towards the middle, using B00, then B000 and B0000. I left an uncoloured white part in the middle.


As a final touch, I added silver stars in gel pen, drawing them with the help of a stencil, plus a few dots and white highlights in gel pen too.

Thank you very much for your visit, have a great day! Hugs,
Delphine xx

1 commentaire: